Answer ID: 34793
This information only applies to the AccountRight Server Edition, and relates to errors or warnings which specifically refer to the 'AccountRight library service'.
The AccountRight library service is a Windows service installed with AccountRight. AccountRight uses this service to access and open your company files.
Errors can occur if the library service hasn't installed properly or isn't working as intended. Here's an example "Unable to connect" error which refers to the AccountRight Library Services:
The first thing to check is that you're using the latest AccountRight version.
Some library service issues can be fixed quickly, while others require a few more steps. Perform each of the numbered tasks below until your library service issue is fixed. Some of these tasks are a bit technical, so you might also need help from an IT person.
Before you start, you'll need to log into Windows as an administrator or a user with administrator privileges.
This task checks if the AccountRight library service has installed properly.
- Close all programs.
- Simultaneously press the Windows and R key on your keyboard (the Windows key is between the Ctrl and Alt keys). The Run window appears.
- In the Open field, type services.msc then click OK.
The Services window appears.
- In the list of services, look for MYOB AccountRight Library. Here's an example:
If MYOB AccountRight Library is not listed, the service has failed to install and you'll need to repair the AccountRight installation as described in task 6 (repair the AccountRight installation) below.
If MYOB AccountRight Library is listed, continue to the next task.
This task describes how to start the AccountRight library service and ensures this service starts properly each time you start Windows. Even if the service already displays a status of Started or Running, you'll need to stop and then start the service.
With the Services window displayed (as described above), complete the following:
- If the Status of the service displays as Started or Running, right-click the service and choose Stop.
Right-click MYOB AccountRight Library and choose Start.
The service will start and now display a status of Started or Running. If the service starts but then stops immediately, you'll need to repair the AccountRight installation as described in task 6 below.
- Double-click MYOB AccountRight Library. The Service Properties window appears.
- On the General tab at the Startup type field, select Automatic [Delayed Start].
- Click the Recovery tab.
- For Subsequent failures, select Restart the Service.
- Click OK.
- Repeat steps 1 - 7 to ensure the other 2 AccountRight services are started:
- MYOB AccountRight Server 201X.X (where 201X.X refers to your AccountRight version, such as 2015.2).
- MYOB AccountRight Server Locator
- Close the Services window.
If the library service issue persists, continue to the next task.