Sometimes when Reckon is used as the A/C system, it fails to connect in TOE in automatic process.
It ends up with the error message
The accounting system connection failed (Cannot Continue)
There are certain requirements to connect Reckon to the TOE. Note it is recommended to use a dedicated computer for this process otherwise Reckon users can affect, and can be affected by the automated process. This is due to that fact that to communicate with Reckon the "API" requires Reckon running.
- Reckon should be opened under the same Reckon file which is used in TOE Accounting settings
- Reckon should always be logged in under the specified user when TOE is running
- The Reckon file should not be open on this machine as a different user.
- Reckon should not be open on this machine with a different company file open
- Anti virus software needs to have Reckon processes and TheOrderExchange excluded or ignored
It is extremely difficult to run the system in task scheduler in "Run always" mode due to different security context, and if running on a Terminal service server Reckon will report security issues
So when creating the Task scheduler these facts needs to be considered.
- In order to achieve that "Run only when the user is logged on" should be selected
- And "Run with highest privileges" should be selected
- The Order Exchange needs to also 'Run As Administrator' if not using the administrator account
- On a terminal server box, the user logged in need elevated permissions.
Please check above and if it is still having issues when connecting to the A/C system in silent runs, please contact The Order Exchange support;